Who we are
We are an innovative, global organisation, passionate about leadership.
Established in 2000 as a not for profit organisation, the Institute of Leadership has worked across Europe, the USA, South Africa, China, Malaysia and the Middle East.
We honour the vision and courage inside individuals to become extraordinary – our role is to be a catalyst to enable that potential to grow and be practiced. Our goal is to open leadership to anyone in the world who is interested in the concept and develop their leadership potential by providing world-class leadership learning and education. Why? It is our belief that leadership enables and empowers people to perform at their best and achieve better results for themselves and their teams.
In 2015, the courses from the Institute of Leadership were awarded CPD Accreditation. But, what does this actually mean? There are a few definitions but all focus around the core philosophy of structured lifelong learning. Broken down, CPD is described as:
- Continuing, because learning never ceases, regardless of age and seniority
- Professional, because it is focused on professional competence in a professional role and concerned with
- Development, because its goal is to improve personal performance and enhance the individual’s career.
There are 3 ways in which CPD relates to our programmes.
- It is important to have external accreditation that would ensure our programmes achieved the required standard to make leadership professional within organisations
- Its philosophy fits with our belief that individuals should take responsibility for their own development
- We want to support individuals in developing their careers and professionalism
For more information, please visit the CPD Standards web site.
What people have said about us
To demonstrate this people we have worked with have told us:
“ It made me stop and identify better ways to perform as a leader. The results are already showing after a few weeks. ”
CEO Ogilvy, Adams & Rhinehart
“ It has been a real experience to understand and build my ability to be an effective team member with others who want to see a new future for the organisation. ”
Marketing Director Projects – GE
“ Winning our company award was testimony for me. ”
Team Leader Whirlpool Corporation (Italy)
Watch the video to see what one organisation found when using the Personal Leadership Programme for their employees.