Commitment: This programme has three sessions. On average each takes around two to three hours to complete. Cost: £65 Language: English Completion of the programme and final assignment will result in certificate from the Institute of Leadership.
About the Programme
With the pace of life and work and the demands on our brains of huge amounts of information and responses through technology advances, people feel under more pressure and stress. At the same time, organisations now have to achieve more with less the requirements to be focused, calm and productive are eroding. Stop! Mindfulness is a way of bringing balance back into life and helps individuals feel more valued and able to cope.
Session 1 — Introduction to mindfulness – what it is and how it works
- Trying mindfulness for yourself
- How to stay focused
- How to stay calm when everything around you is not
Session 2 — Using positive psychology to manage well-being
- The importance of positive psychology in leadership
- The model of well-being and flourishing: PERMA
- Using the model to enhance your well-being
Session 3 — Leadership for well-being
- A way of cultivating leadership for well-being
- The role of leaders in well-being
- Supporting people in the change
Who is the programme for?
This programme is for leaders at all levels and responsibilities but in particular for those who lead others.
What you will need
Before you begin you will need to purchase a notebook or journal and a folder to keep handouts in. We recommend you choose ones that have a picture or colour that has some personal meaning to you. This will be your learning log.
If you wish to make notes, then a separate notebook will be required.